Saturday 23 June 2012

Viennese fingers with Victoria plum jam and Vanilla filling

For this months alpha bake challenge the random letter generator picked 'V'. Initially the brain goes into panic 'V', 'V'? But nothing beginning with V. Once you have told your brain off and are calm again you begin to realise just how much does begin with V.

And then of course the problem is deciding what to make. I really wanted to make a Victoria plum tart, but it is June and the plums will not be in season till September. So that was that idea done. Then it hit me, I could have my Victoria plums, not in tart form, but in the form of Jam!

I have also been wanting to make Viennese biscuits for ages but have never quite got round to it. Now is definitely the perfect time. Finally I decided to go for the triple whammy and add vanilla into the mix.

And here we have it, my entry for this months alpha bake, Viennese fingers with Victoria plum jam and Vanilla filling!

Alpha bakes is a monthly blogging challenge hosted, in turn, by Caroline from Caroline makes and Ros from the more than occasional baker. This month the host is Ros, anyone can join in, pop over to their blogs for all the rules and this months letter!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering this to AlphaBakes. A triple "V" bake!! Yay! I thought about victoria plums as well but didn't think of the jam. Love viennese fingers - please send some over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Looking forward to next month!

      Delete
  2. Hi there,
    These look absolutely delicious - and the plum jam is a great twist!! Can I ask what recipe you used for them?
    Thanks!
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so sorry for the delay in replying.

      I creamed 185g butter with tsp vanilla paste and 50g icing sugar for about 2 minutes. I added 175g plain flour, 25g cornflour and 1/2 tsp baking powder before beating again until it was all incorporated.

      Line you baking sheets with baking parchment. Pipe the dough into fingers and bake for 10 minutes at 190C/170C FAN.

      Hope you enjoy.

      Delete